2014 / Director. Lawrence Silverstein.
Review by Glenn Cochrane.
I approached this film blindly... and boy was I duped!! Firstly its Australian title is HIGH SCHOOL ASSASSINS and there wasn't much info online about it. Then there was my assumption, from the poster art, that it was a Japanese action flick. When I read the back of the cover I was surprised (and a little disappointed to read that it was in English). I was digging the artwork and so I put the disc in my machine and hit 'play'. I thought it curious that the trailers featured before the movie were all Asylum titles... hmmm. And then low and behold the film begins and it is most definitely AN ASYLUM RELEASE! That in itself isn't a bad thing because Im a fan of their work... but when my initial expectations were for some kick ass Japanese fight flick... well it all fell apart for me. This is an exploitation film of the lowest degree. Fucking atrocious. It tells the story of 4 teenage asian school girls who sneak into a night club and are drugged, kidnapped and gang raped by a group of men. They wake up the next day with vengeance on their mind. They get jobs as strippers, raise money, learn to fight and embark on a lethal rampage. That all sounds good and well to a genre fan, but there are no redeeming qualities to this shit house excuse of a movie. The acting... HA. Huge LOLs at the word "acting". The performances and overall quality of the production conjure thoughts of amateur porn. The violence, while brutal, is so gratuitous that even the most seasoned gore-hound will bulk at the ridiculousness of it. Dicks are severed, brains are splattered and blood is spilled... and yet after all of these killings there isn't a drop of blood left behind when the cops arrive on the scene. Talk about a deceptive movie and talk about a piss-poor one. 80% of it is made up of boobs, boobs, rape and boobs while the remaining 20% is comprised of soap opera performances and uninspired violence. Even in Asylum standards, ASIAN SCHOOL GIRLS is rank. A stinking turd of a movie.